The Scuola Grande di San Teodoro, dedicated to the first patron of Venice, was built from 1580 on the initiative of the brotherhood made up of merchants and artisans who, at that time, was a guest at the Church of San Salvador. The initial plan by Simone Sorella, later was expanded by Francesco and Tommaso Contin.
The Salone Capitolare was designed by Baldassare Longhena and adorned with paintings from the XVII and XVIII century by Vassilacchi, Jacopo Palma il Giovane, Balestra, Bassano. Born with a social purpose, charitable and education, became a flour store, public dormitory, headquarters of the political, commercial museum and cinema.
In 1999 the Orchestra I Musici Veneziani began to perform its Concert Seasons in it and it became the most prestigious Concert Hall in Venice.
Incoming search terms:
- scuola grande di san teodoro
- scuola grande di san teodoro venice italy
- scuola grande di san teodoro venice
- scuola grande di san teodoro venise
- scuola di san teodoro venezia
- scuola grande di san teodoro venezia
- scuola grande amarone
- www scuolagrandedisanteodoroveniceitaly
- scuola grande di san teodoro venedig
- scuola grande san teodoro venezia